Life happens. Hunger happens. Snacking happens. Hey, I’m real, I snack too and what I’ve learned over the years is that having some go-to healthy snacks can make a BIG difference when it comes down to staying on track with a nutrition plan.
Either you can have a Snickers, pop-tart, or cookies (yum by the way) or might I suggest something from the list below. (nudge nudge)
1. Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1 whole wheat or whole grain tortilla
- Spread nut butter onto a tortilla.
- Roll up peeled banana in the tortilla.
- Slice into 8 pieces.
2. Yogurt Dipped Blueberries
- ½ cup of low-fat greek yogurt
- 1 small package of fresh blueberries (rinsed)
- Place parchment paper over a large plate that you can store in the freezer.
- Dip blueberries into yogurt and place onto the parchment paper. Be sure to separate the blueberries so that they’re not touching one another.
- Freeze for a few hours or until yogurt is hardened.
3. Metabolism-Boosting Smoothie
- ½ cup of strong brewed green tea
- ¼ low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup quick oats
- ½ banana
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the glass or to go cup.
4. Nut Butter Rice Cake
- 2 tbsp nut butter of choice (or you can use protein peanut butter)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 2 rice cakes (plain or chocolate)
- Spread nut butter of choice onto rice cakes.
- Placed sliced banana on top of rice cakes.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- (What I do) Place in a toaster oven for one min, you’ll see why afterward 😉
5. No Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of natural peanut butter or some type of nut butter
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium bowl mix together oats, flax seed, coconut flakes, and raisins.
- In a small bowl whisk together nut butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Pour the nut butter mixture into the oat mix and mix thoroughly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- After they are chilled, roll into balls. Store in an airtight container, and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
If you get the feeling you need something a little extra, try one of these healthy snacks to keep your nutrition plan on track!
In Health and Awesomeness,
Travis Merritt, BS, CPT, (and other cool letters behind the name) is the Owner of Rowlett Transformation Center in Rowlett, TX.
P.S. – If you enjoyed this post please share it with your friends using the social media buttons below.
P.P.S. – Please ask a question or share a comment with us in the Leave a Comment section at the very bottom of the page. We love your feedback and will use it to develop future content.
PLEASE CLICK THE “LIKE” BUTTON, POST A COMMENT AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS…